Saturday, October 2, 2010

Choice of Broadsides

A friend pointed me to a 'choose your own adventure' game online, entitled Choice of Broadsides, located at: http://www.choiceofgames.com/broadsides/

It's a fun way to spend an hour, being witty and well-written. What I especially like is being allowed to choose your gender and orientation. Naturally I chose to play a gay officer :) I enjoyed my passionate romance with a French officer, although I was sorry the fortunes of war separated us.

Given that I wrote Pirates of the Narrow Seas because of the lack of characters in nautical fiction, it was wonderful to find a game in which the option was provided, and done with a dignity and wit. Choice of Broadsides is a nice little game that's worth an hour or two of your time.

~K~

No comments:

Post a Comment