Saturday, December 11, 2010

M. Kei Honored by the Kalmar Nyckel Foundation

Tonight was the Christmas and Volunteer Appreciation Party at the Kalmar Nyckel. I received several awards, some serious and some silly.

First, I was one of 28 people that received certificates for volunteering 400 or more hours in one year. We got a certificate and photo of the ship.

Next, I received my crew jacket for logging 500 lifetime volunteer hours.

I also received a Deck Chief certificate. A bunch of us entered deck chief training this year and all got certificates.

The silly award I received was the Boat Bum Award. I and one other person have logged over 500 hours sailing time and both received this award. Yep, it's official. I'm a boat bum :) (We already knew that.)

Various other awards were given, such as 1000, 2000, and 7000 lifetime volunteer hours, 10 years service, etc. Awards were given for maintenance, education, office work, etc, including cat care. (Regular readers will remember when Timmynocky needed emergency treatment on Martha's Vineyard.)

I am proud of my crew jacket. It's got my name (Kei) and the logo on the front and an embroidered portrait of the ship on the back. I have been lusting for one ever since I saw them last year.

Time to hit the books and really study up to be deck chief!

~K~

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! I can imagine how much these awards (even the Boat Bum one!) mean to you! I can't wait to see a picture of you in one of those fine jackets! Again, congratulations and you deserve it...you worked hard for the recognition!

    ReplyDelete